March 4, 2012

I said yes to the dress!

I've known for quite awhile now what I wanted my wedding dress to look like. Perfect, right? Not necessarily. I was really starting to worry that the dress I envisioned didn't exist. I had already tried on a lot of gowns in my time, since I modeled bridal as a teenager (weird, I know). There were some that had the bodice I wanted but not the skirt. Then there were others that had the perfect skirt but not the bodice. Although the idea of having a gown custom made for me by Vera Wang herself is quite appealing, it wouldn't exactly be realistic or economical.

Luckily for me, I came across this ad in Martha Stewart Weddings.
That was my dress! I knew it! All it needed were cap sleeves and a keyhole back (which I learned from previous experience would be a simple fix).
I did some research and found out they had it Blush Bridal Lounge, right here in Austin! I couldn't get myself in the store fast enough to get that dress on my body.
I made an appointment and my friend Sarah came along with me (she took the photos!). I went in with an open mind. I didn't want to get my hopes up in case for some reason it didn't look as great in person or on me.
Erica, the owner suggested I pick out a few other dresses to try on first. So I did.
Let me just say, every gown in that store is absolutely stunning. Each one I tried on was beautiful, but I knew none of them were my dress. 
The time finally came to try on the dress I came in for. They even had a mock keyhole to demonstrate what it would look like with my redesign:
It was perfect!! I knew it before Erica even had a chance to zip me up. This was my dress, I was done shopping!





The even cooler thing about this dress was that Blush's sample was a different color from the standard. The gown is meant to be ivory, but they ordered theirs in a color called "vanilla" which has a slight peachy-pink undertone to it (very subtle!) which is perfect for me, the queen of pink!

My mom is visiting in April and we have an appointment to go back so she can see it. Then we'll be placing the order! I am so beyond excited to own this dress. I can't believe I found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment