June 1, 2012

Adventures in rummaging

A couple of weeks ago I dutifully got myself out of bed on a Saturday morning and logged onto Facebook. I patiently waited for 9 a.m. to come around, signaling the start of the Country Sugar rummage sale. I have to say this was quite a unique experience as they chose to conduct their sale entirely through the social network with a little help from PayPal. 
The event coordinating company, based in San Antonio and Austin, sold off some really great pieces that were left over from weddings they had coordinated in the past. One of the great things about my "vintage western" theme for our wedding is that fulfilling the "vintage" part is very easy to do using secondhand items. I managed to snag some really sweet pieces that will make great accents to our event design. 

                                  




I was especially excited about this green vintage tackle box. Derek is an avid fisherman and fishing has been one of his favorite hobbies from a very young age. It's what he does to relax and escape to the outdoors. I think it's really important to have elements that represent each of us incorporated into the wedding. I think this would be a great piece of decor for the groom's cake table or even on our sweetheart table. Not to mention I absolutely love the olive green color. It has a great rustic look with just the right amount of wear and tear.



I recently decided I want to incorporate birdcages into the wedding design. I just love the intricacies of the wrought iron that you often see in birdcages. They can be very functional as well. I think they will look awesome with some flowers poking out the sides either on the dinner tables or in random spots throughout the venue. I bought these as well as three others!

Brandi, the owner, even threw in these cute little birdies, along with some other pieces that went well with what I had purchased. She was really great throughout the whole process! I was the only customer in Austin so she arranged to meet me personally so I wouldn't have to drive to one of their offices in Buda or San Antonio.


 This whole shebang only set me back 50 bucks! I was so excited to find such great antique-y pieces for such great prices. I think I may have caught the rummage sale bug. Luckily for my wallet, not all rummage sales are as convenient as Country Sugar's unique Facebook sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment